From the airport
- Falls Creek's closest airport is Albury which lies an easy 2 hour drive from the Resort. Direct flights service Albury each day via Qantaslink, Rex and Virgin. There are also regular flights from Canberra.
- Once on the ground, there are a range of hire car services at the airport or you can take advantage of one of the direct bus and private transfer services available.
- Falls Creek's nearest train station is Albury, on the border between New South Wales and Victoria. From Sydney or Melbourne you can catch a train service to Albury then arrange a transfer to Falls Creek from there or hire a car.
- NB: During Winter ensure any rental car provider will cover vehicles above the snowline and remember in winter to rent snow chains at one of the many retail outlets in Mt Beauty or Tawonga. You do not need to worry about this during Summer
- Travelling by road is a great way to get to Falls Creek and take in the natural beauty of the North East Victorian countryside.
- Falls Creek is the closest alpine resort to Albury, an easy day’s drive from Sydney & four and a half hours drive from Melbourne. You can reach Falls Creek in a comfortable day of driving from most locations in Victoria and New South Wales, plus a dedicated bus service takes out the work for you.
- From Sydney or Melbourne the best way is to travel along the Hume Highway and take the turnoffs at either Wangaratta (from Melbourne) or Albury (from Sydney). For those in the sunshine state, Falls Creek is not as far as you think - it can be comfortably driven over two days along the Newell Highway with a stop-over on the way.
- You can arrive via Mt Beauty or take the slightly longer route via Mt Hotham and Omeo along the Bogong Alpine way which is open between Angler's Rest and Falls Creek outside of the snow season.